|Clients will automatically receive a copy of this Waiver once it’s submitted. Please check your “junk folder.”|
I, the undersigned [“Client”], am a paying participant in Meditation, Yoga, and/or Yogic Breathing class(es) [“Classes”] offered in-person and/or online by Sandra Hamelmann [“Teacher”] of Effortless Meditation & Yoga [“Studio”].
I understand there are obvious risks inherent in these Classes, and I affirm I am in proper physical condition to participate in Classes. I know I am held to understand and appreciate the risks of participating in Classes, and I voluntarily assume all risks.
I agree that Classes offered by Teacher and/or Studio are not a substitute for medical attention and not intended to medically examine, medically diagnose, or medically treat any condition. I understand it is my responsibility to consult a physician prior to and during participation in Classes.
Based upon my representation that I am in proper physical health and conditioning to participate in Classes offered by Studio and/or Teacher, I agree:
- To assume all risk of injury to myself and all risk of damage to and loss of my property arising out of my participation in Classes;
- To not engage in any inappropriate conduct that could result in injury to myself or others. If I experience any pain or discomfort during Classes, I will immediately disengage in the activity and let the Teacher know. If pain or discomfort persists, I will immediately seek medical attention;
- To consult a physician about participating in Classes if my health condition changes during ongoing participation. If physician advises me to discontinue Classes, I will comply;
- To release and forever discharge the Studio and/or Teacher, its officers, employees, agents, students, and heirs from any and all liability for any injury, including death, and for property damage or loss which may be suffered by myself, arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in Classes; and;
- For myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, to indemnify and hold harmless the Studio and Teacher, its officers, employees, agents and students from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, loss and damage arising out of my participation in Classes.
I also agree to the following terms:
- All payments are made prior to Classes.
- If Client is late for Class, appointment will be shortened accordingly.
- All payments are final. No cancellations or refunds.
- If participating in group Classes delivered online, Client agrees to use a quiet space. If background noise disrupts Class and can’t be reduced, client agrees to disengage from, and forfeit Class.
- If repeat Client temporarily discontinues Classes, they may lose their preferred time slot.
- Teacher reserves the right to refuse Classes to Client without explanation. If Client is owed Classes at time of termination, Teacher will issue refund for remaining balance on Classes.
- Teacher reserves the right to reschedule Classes due to poor health; internet, electrical and/or computer issues; or emergency.
- If Client misses an online Class due to failing internet, Teacher will reschedule if Client emails Teacher a screen shot proving their internet was down at time of Class. If said screenshot isn’t produced, Teacher will not be obligated to reschedule.
- If Client is participating in an online Group Class and enrollment drops, the Class will be put on hold until a minimum of four students are participating in that time slot. In this event, the Client can request a refund for the remaining balance of any pre-paid Group Classes.
- Client consents to allowing Teacher to touch them during Yoga Classes and/or Somayog Assisted Exercise in order to adjust alignment and/or to facilitate the release of muscle tension.
By submitting this form, I state that I have carefully read this entire agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract between myself and the Studio and/or Teacher, and I sign it of my own free will.
By electronically signing this form below, I understand that an electronic signature has the same legal effect and can be enforced in the same manner as a written signature.